Monday, October 4, 2010

Recreational Ambien

So I've had a long weekend. I went up to this writers retreat in Port Townsend with a couple of friends. I didn't want to go, but they dragged me with them -- probably afraid I'd strangle myself with my panties if they left me alone.

We went to a couple writers groups, but then we just wandered. Met a group of cool people from around the PNW... people I really wished had something to smoke, thought they didnt seem like the type,But we all slagged down a plentuful mix of home-grown cider and wine. Fortunately, Jess was sober enough to drive to the ferry. (Hey, if you are legally drink, sitting in the driver's seat, and the ferry crashes, can you be held responsible? Just a thought...)

Wow, am I making sense now? I can't tell. The thing with Ambien is that after you take it you are supposed to go straight to bed before you fall down. But there is something  incredible about feeling it -- staying awake, fighting the urge of the drug, and staying awake till this floaty, style where all problems are gone. The world just feels good -- albeit a little tired -- but in some places that can be a learning experience depending on who you are around... that you do not have to schedule breakfast at all, especially on a weekend. ZYou don't even have to schedule it. Just show up with food and dcoffee and the masses are satisfied,

So Once I know I have a few more readers, I will get into my sex styff more. It's what people I hear -- I realize and honestly I don't really give much of a fuck about that, But it's also what I want to say, just to catch their attention... and also because I would still like to kick up that chickeh,

But what this entire blog entry began as was me saying I was writng in a very Amer4can manner, and I am screamilnlyly aware of tha. But I love everone else for the stories they tell.

And on that note... I am going to go glow in the aftermath of the stems and whatever scraos I can find,,, while I envy you guys up the road with nore than i could ever use,

Then again, maybe I should take a walk down the road.,

Thisa is what ambien does to me when i force myself to stay awake after. it makes me into a totl roll-with-it gitl who... hahahaha... can you understand the first past of this sentence? Actually, what I think is that people , a lot of people, beocome horribly confused, They are the ones we must learn to understand and be connect3ed with.

Ugh! Ambient typing... is very fun but it makes sense to no others, so perhaps I shoukd stop. (But if you need a good buzz befoer bedm an Ambien and a beer or your favorite alcoholic beverage...Invite me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kami...

    I read all your blog posts and found them quite interesting. I hope you'll keep writing and telling us about yourself. Or whoever you wish to be. :-)

    And if you're going to write about ambien, please also do it while not ON ambien, just for perspective's sake.

    Looking forward to more from you.


    Thierry

    ReplyDelete